So there he was driving in the right lane when a semi decided to switch lanes and did not see him there! The semi hit the back driver side and back of the car. He spun a little bit and was able to get some control to the point that he was able to pull over to the side and call the police. When he got out of the car the semi driver had pulled over and kept repeating (while smoking over a half dozens cigarettes), “Oh my gosh, are you ok? I could have killed you! I could have killed you! Are you ok?” We are all so thankful that he was not severely hurt. He was mentioning some back pain but we will have to see how that turns out in the next couple days. Things easily could have taken a turn for the worse and he could not be here today. I just keep playing over all the things that could have happened in my mind and every scenario just brings tears to my eyes. But T had an angel with him, watching over him and protecting him!
We are so BLESSED!
Now we get to go through the technicalities of things; file claims, work with insurance companies, and see where we go from here. Poor T! As if he does not have enough things to do and take care of with school now he has to have this on top of everything. I have been working on taking care of as many things that I can for him, but since I was not the individual involved in the accident they do have to talk to him about some of the details. I am curious to see what happens from here: how long it will take to fix the car, whether they will total or fix the car, and how much of a hassle it is going to be. Some companies can be real headaches to deal with. I *think*
No comments:
Post a Comment