Monday, August 16, 2010

just another day

Life is pretty uneventful right now, which is probably a good thing! The kids are being typical kids and getting into things all the time, T is at school working hard, and I am home managing our 'normal' everyday life. I am never amazed at what happens or what is said around our house anymore.

Just the other day J told me that she would not eat the food that I cook when she gets bigger. Of course my natural reaction was 'well why not?'. Then she preceeded to tell me that she was going to move to California because that is where she wants her baby to be born. 'Huh, really' was my response. I don't know where she comes up with this stuff. Whatever makes her happy! She is such an unpredictable child most of the time she just blows our minds.

And E. I don't know what to do with that kid. He is so determined to do what he wants, when he wants that it is almost too much sometimes. He will do things when he is good and ready to do them and no one is going to change his mind. Just yesterday we were going to go grocery shopping and it took T and I over 10 minutes to get him ready to go. At one point T told me to deal with him because he does not have the energy to do it. I just laughed. HA. Then T finished getting him ready to go. E is so strong and solid that it is getting hard for me to physically handle him, esp since my ever growing belly keeps getting in the way. We will see if when the new baby comes he will cooperate a little more.

Little N. She can't be forgotten nor will she let anyone forget about her. She may not say many words but she is always heard. That girl has a scream on her like no other. Enough to literally pierce an ear. We have been discussing her language lately and how many words she is able to communicate/ speak and I don't think she is too advanced in that area. She tends to grunt, scream, squeal, and point more than use words to communicate what she wants. One of her favorite words is 'Mom' or some version of that. I think it is actually a little funny because she is completely like that running joke... 'mom, mommy, ma, mom, ma, mommy, mum, mommy, ma, ...' 'What?' 'hi'. She will yell and yell and yell until I answer her and then she just runs off to play. Another thing we have noticed too is that she primarily refers to me as 'mom' but if there are other adults around and she wants their attention she will call them 'mom' too.

No comments:

Post a Comment