Wednesday, August 4, 2010

The last few days

Well just as I thought, I did not have time to write anything the last few days. T started Medical School on Monday and things just seemed to not leave a break for me. I forgot how much help having an extra adult around is. J and E as well as N like to keep me on my toes and if they are not constantly being supervised there is inevitably going to be a huge mess to clean up. Here is a recap.

Monday~ T's FIRST day of Medical School. Although it they are only going over orientation things he seemed to enjoy meeting his classmates and getting a little more information as to what is going on during the next FOUR years. At home here we started with baths (which came to an abrupt halt once N pooped in the tub!), then went to JCP to get E a haircut for his 3RD Birthday coming up, ran a few more errands then came home. Lunch ready, kids feed, N napping, so now I get to go through 2 totes of baby girl clothes. We decided to give all our baby girl clothes away since we found out we are having a BOY! (WooHoo, even things up a bit around here!) Dare I say it was a bittersweet moment since our girl clothes were so stinkin' cute. But we had our girls and now we are done so what is the point in holding on to them anymore, right? Gma J and company came to visit for an hour or so and then we waited for T to get home so we could hear all about his first day. Sounds like he is going to be a busy, busy man!

Tuesday~ Normal morning, if there is such a thing, got ready and ran to the grocery store. The kids got to pick out a special donut treat; which they were super excited about. Now that I am pregnant enough that it is obvious the number of stares I get when I am out with the kids alone is more than I expected. People don't really seem to be afraid to gawk at me and then make it clear that they are looking at my bulging belly. I find it hard to believe how rude some people's looks can be. I guess maybe because I don't see a problem. I am a young married woman with 3 1/2 kids, what is wrong with that? O well. Lunch, nap, then PLAYTIME. We have become good friends with S and L as well as A and T. We love meeting up for play dates at LA or the mall. All 5 kids seem to get along so well and love being able to play with each other, plus extra bonus, the moms get to enjoy some adult time too! It is so nice to have females my age that I can talk to in which I we have things in common. Don't get me wrong, I love being a stay at home mommy but sometimes it is nice to have other moms that understand the frustrations that are dealt with everyday. We (S, A, and myself) are all blessed with wonderfully amazing husbands but we all know that moms and dads are different. There is just no way around it. T was able to come home before his big 'cocktail' party at the NDMA (which he LOVED). He told us all about his 2nd day and was overly excited to learn about the case study for the week. It made my heart happy to see how excited he was. Honestly he was like a kid in a candy store... pacing around, tone of voice changed, watery eyes (not that he was going to cry, just excited), talking fast, etc. I think he was more excited about getting his first case study than he was about getting married or having kids?!? BUT... I am happy that he has a passion for what he is about to embark upon. The journey is going to be tough but he will do great, I just know it. When he got home from his cocktail party he was able to play with the kids and tell us about his evening. He had a blast! He is such a social individual (in the right situation) that I can't imagine going to an event like that with him and not having a blast.

Wednesday~ I had just thrown in a couple loads of laundry (9:30ish) when I decided to check good ole Fb. We had an invite for a play date at 10AM today! I did not see it until now so I quickly got the kids ready to go switched the laundry and we were off to the mall. S, A, and I seem to have such a good time when we are together. And once again all the kids played together! My kids played so hard they are ALL sleeping! Even J and E! They have not napped in 6 months or longer. N is expected but not J and E, they did not even fight me when I told them to go lay down and take a little break, score! A little quiet time for mommy. Well now off to finish the laundry.

Dare I say BIG weekend ahead... T has his White Coat Ceremony, E turns 3 (eekkk!), Gma V and Uncle B as well as Gpa D and Gma W are coming! Then T gets to officially start school on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment