In an attempt to pick up our room a little bit this fine morning, I decided to get out the ironing board and iron a couple pairs of T’s dress slacks in addition to a couple dress shirts. Now I will admit that ironing does take a little while and I did do it in our room with the baby gate up so that little hands (or any other body part) would not accidently get burned, but I was constantly checking on the kids [honestly]. I would check on them about every 3-5 minutes due to the amount of noise that I was hearing at that given time. Generally in our home if things get really quiet that is NOT a good sign. If you can hear them playing or reading to each other things are *typically* alright. So after changing a diaper, helping J go potty, getting E something to drink, and checking on them at least 5 or 6 times I thought I was doing pretty well with keep tabs on them…
WRONG! I turned around and saw J coming out of the bathroom and E going in so to make sure things were still going smoothly I went to check. J had maple syrup all over her hand that she had just cleaned off (ok not too bad, not happy, but not too bad), E had maple syrup all over his hands, his shirt, his face, and up/down his legs (once again not too bad; clean up his body change his clothes, right?). At his point I was even laughing a little. Now here comes the big bang! I turn around and see N coming down the hallway with a play ‘pot’, which has about a half inch of maple syrup in it, drinking as if it were a cup! She has it all down her dress, all over her face, arms, legs and hair. The two little kids get to take a bath/ shower now! It was not worth it to try and clean it up with wet wipes. So after cleaning up ‘pots’, changing clothes, and giving baths I thought it was cleaned up…
WRONG AGAIN!!! I went into their room only to step on maple syrup in the carpet. So I cleaned up that maple syrup too! Then I went into the kitchen to find maple syrup on the floor and rug. Next this infamous sticky substance was found on the carpet in the living room, the couch, T’s fleece blanket, and more toys!
Really kids, REALLY?
All because I was trying to be a good wife and iron T’s clothing.
I guess that is what I get for trying to be nice. ; )
No comments:
Post a Comment