Wednesday, August 18, 2010

babies and muffins

On Tuesday this week we went to the bus park and had yet another play date with A and S along with their children. I got to hold baby H, who was only 10 days old. ahhh. He is so cute and teeny tiny. It seems so hard to imagine having such an itty bitty baby again. N is a brute so we don't have to be too gentle with her. I felt the same way though when N was born. Our neighbors had a baby a couple months before N was born and I could not imagine having a little baby around the house since my baby was E and he was over 20 lbs at that time. We quickly adjusted to having a newborn just as we will with the next one. I was a little surprised that our big kids were not too interested in looking at H. N on the other hand was playing, saw me holding the baby and glared at me from a distance. She has such a little personality on her already. I think she has done a good job of developing her character amongst all the chaos that takes place in our home.

So I had this idea to make snacks/treats for T's PCL group on Wednesdays since another person brings treats/snacks on Fridays. Last evening I made muffins. They looked BEAUTIFUL! Raspberry Almond muffins as well as Lemon Poppyseed muffins. The Raspberry ones had raspberry jam filling and slivered almonds. I must say they looked perfect. I just wish they would have tasted perfect too. The Lemon Poppyseed were made with fresh lemon zest, poppyseeds, and a lemon syrup glaze across the top. Let's just say they were less than perfect tasting. I followed the recipe exactly! They had good flavor but the texture was so heavy they were a little hard to swallow. I keep trying recipes from this cookbook that T got me for my Birthday this year but only one out of three recipes that we try we actually like. Maybe we have too picky of pallets or maybe the recipes just suck. I know one thing for sure is that we did not mess up the recipes! Long story short: T did not take his snack/ treat to school for his PCL group. Maybe next week I can make something that does not suck. Chocolate chip cookies, puppy chow, zucchini bread, banana bread, etc.; I guess basically anything that is not a new recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment