Today will end the first 'real' week of T's Medical School. He did technically start last week but that was primarily orientation things. Now the fun part begins; Lectures, Case Studies, LOs (Learning Objectives for his case studies), Presentations, Study time, and Family time. He sure has a lot on his plate to keep him busy. I don't know very many people that would be able to juggle the schedule that he has but he seems to be doing alright so far.
The kids have adjusted well too, I think. We took advantage of the fact that T was a student for many years. We always had meals together, open times during the day that we would play or run errands, and evenings free. It is just a fact of life that most families only see each other for a few hours a day due to parents that have to work and eventually kids that have to go to school. Our culture is such that families really don't spend that much time together anymore. So I guess I am trying to say that we are still very lucky that we get to have all our meals together everyday and get to spend time together as a family, plus T and I have an hour each night to watch TV, talk, play a game, or whatever that quite a few married couples don't have. My hope is that we are able to continue this schedule and routine for a while at least. I am sure things will be intensified when our new baby comes because things are usually altered to the baby's schedule instead of the adult schedules.
No comments:
Post a Comment