E was having one of those mornings again today!
It started out just fine until I tried to get J dressed. Since she can't lift her right arm (due to her fractured clavicle) we had a hard time finding something to wear today. It turns out that she doesn't have many tank tops or tops with scoop necks. So we decided to go shopping and get a couple shirts for her to wear.
We got to Kohl's, since I was 'single-parenting' with the three kids, two out of the three needed to ride in the double stroller. N was for sure going in the stroller and since J wanted to look at shirts for herself we decided that E needed to go in the stroller too. OH MY, he was not happy about that. I finally was able to buckle him in the stroller (while he is screaming like I am the meanest mom in the world). We get in Kohl's and it is dead silent; could have heard a pin drop except for the fact that my son is still screaming! I think everyone in the store turned and stared at us.
We made it over to the toddler clothes, found some clothing, looked at a few toys, checked out, and we were on our way out. E pushed the first button to open the door {Thank You E!} then J pushed the second button {Thank You J} which happened to go outside. Bad move. E freaked out that he did not get to push the button to the door that went outside. I tried to explain that it did not matter, each kid got to push one button so it was fine. He however insisted that it was NOT fair. After a great deal of screaming, kicking, hitting, and the like (on his part) I was finally able to get him buckled in his car seat to the point that I could tighten and restrain him. He may only be 3 years old but boy is he strong! He calmed down again in the van on the drive home but...
When we got out he was all wound up again. He did not want to walk upstairs back to the apartment so he tried to run away. I will set the stage for you: pregnant mommy carrying a one year old girl, purse, shopping bag, and trying to maintain control of a raging 3 year old. I am sure it was a lovely sight. I got him in the building then he was limp as spaghetti. I managed to get him up the stairs even though he was no help and completely dead weight. Came in our home and straight to time out for one little boy. He cried and screamed his piece while we looked at J's new clothes and got the laundry ready. Time out is over then he goes to his bed for a few minutes of rest (his choice not mine).
Now he is just fine; until his next out rage. Even the simple little things just set him off and a person never knows when it is coming, LOOK OUT!
No comments:
Post a Comment