Tuesday, January 4, 2011

just a little while...

So it has been a little while since my last post... We have had a busy home lately and to be honest I have not had time to blog and if I did have a chance I usually laid down and went to sleep. Sorry. Here is a quick recap of the last month or so:

*We were blessed with the birth of OMB on the 9th of December! He was born at 2:52 pm, weighed 8 lbs 11 oz, and was 22 in long at birth. (I'll make a separate post for the details on this special day!)
*Gma V was here when baby O was born and spent a few days with us plus we were able to celebrate Christmas with her before she went home.
*T studied his butt off and took his second set of block exams for Medical School just days after O was born. (And he PASSED so he gets to be home with the family for 3 WHOLE weeks!) This was a little stressful for us but we made it and they say, "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger".
*Christmas day came and we did not even leave our home. We stayed in pjs all day long and enjoyed spending time together as a family. IT WAS PERFECT!
*Baking extravaganza! T wanted to make some Christmas cookies and candies for the holidays so he made a list of what he wanted to make. We *only* had 12 different sweet treats on the list!
*A couple days after Christmas we got to spend the evening with T's family. T's sister moved back up to the area (only 45 minutes or so away now!) so we were able to see them after she got settled a little. We are super excited to have her back up here and hope to be able to see her at least a couple times a month instead of a couple times a year!
*T and I decided to get an aquarium and set it up for the kids; well mainly T. I am NOT an animal person so I compromised with fish as long as I never have to take care of them. This project, still in progress, started about mid last week.
*HAPPY NEW YEAR! I celebrated New Year's Eve by falling asleep by 8:15 (at the latest). Spent another day of relaxation with the kids although T took the big kids to Petco to look at some fish and plants.
*Sunday Funday?! not here! We woke up this morning and E vomited while he was eating breakfast, on the kitchen table. Then I went into his room and apparently he vomited in bed and did not tell us. Later in the day J started vomiting and they have been back and forth ever since. It has been over 48 hours of both kids vomiting. They are so sad that they can't eat and that we quarantined them to their room so N and O don't get sick. We will have to load them up on calories when they start to feel better so they can gain back all the weight they lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment