Wednesday, January 12, 2011

the honeymoon is over

I was very lucky when O was born that my mom was able to stay with us for a few days and help out. She left on a Tuesday and then T was done with his block exams Wednesday evening. I only had to take care of the four kids by myself for about 30 hours. Then T was home for over 3 weeks! I have to admit that he did most of the work while he was home, he more or less was SUPER DADDY! I really was able to rest and get my bearings back after having little O. Now this past Monday he went back to school, my honeymoon phase is over. Reality has set in and to be honest it is not as stressful as I thought it would be. We have great kids and they are very good helpers. Of course there have been a few episodes and tantrums but that has to be expected with kids. J and N love to help with baby O. E basically does his own thing and is fine with that. I think it is a boy thing. This is a great way for them to learn about being patient. They may have to wait a couple more minutes for more milk at a meal, solve a sharing problem amongst themselves, or help each other with a game, but overall these things won't harm them in the long run. As the kids get older I look and watch them grow into little people and I am completely amazed! I can't wait to see what they become some day.

2 comments:

  1. You go girl! I've heard that from 1 to 2 is the hardest and from then it gets easier... not sure if it's true or not, just what I've heard! You'll have to let me know if that was your experience or not. So glad you had/have so many helpers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1 to 2 wasn't too bad; in my opinion 0 to 1 was the biggest adjustment. After we got in the groove with one it just seems to be 'the more the merrier'!

    ReplyDelete