We are an atypical couple in our 30s; Medical Doctor just starting residency, Stay at Home Mommy, and 6 kids! We never know what is coming next but we live life to the fullest and enjoy each passing moment.
Wednesday, January 26, 2011
being a parent
I was very blessed and was able to become a mother at a young age (compared to some). There were many times that I felt sorry for myself or wanted to do things that I couldn't. Over the years I have come to realize that being a mommy is GREAT! I may not have designer clothes, the newest tech toys, a new car or go on fancy vacations, clubbing, etc. BUT I get to wake up everyday and see four beautiful faces look at me! They are all healthy, happy (most of the time), and full of love! What more could a girl ask for?! I used to dread the idea of having to get up in the middle of the night to take care of and feed a crying baby but now I LOVE IT! Sounds crazy right?! I get to snuggle, hold, rock, and cuddle little O and have him all to myself. As for the other kids: N drives us nuts lately but she is so 'happy go lucky' and brings laughter to our mouths and hearts everyday. She has some of the funniest expressions ever seen. E is a boy of few words but nothing is better than having him come up and wrap his arms around you! He loves to sneak up and give hugs. Although J is a perfectionist who gets frustrated easily, she is a great kid. She wrote her name the other day (after I made a game for her to practice and play: my teaching degree is put to good use even though I don't get a pay check!) and we were so proud of her. She did amazing and was so happy. In addition to all that we get to watch them grow and change while becoming little people. I am sure there are many challenges ahead of us as parents but we are so excited to see our children as young adults.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment