Friday, October 1, 2010

Happy October

We are 30 weeks along today so we are 75% DONE! Yay! This little guy has been movin’ and groovin’ at all times lately. I especially think it is a little comical when one of the big kids sits on my lap and leans against my tummy; he seems to be screaming, “Quit squishing me”. He kicks and moves like mad. One of the kids the other day even commented, “My little brother keeps kicking me, tell him to stop”. I continue to feel well which, is always a plus. All my tests from my last OB appointment came back normal. That is one less thing I have to worry or think about!

T is still trucking away at school. Today is the last day of his first block. For those of you who are unaware I will tell you briefly: Each Medical Student has 4 years of schooling. The first two are in the classroom and the second two are spent doing rotations at hospitals and/or clinics. Each of the first two years is divided into 4 10 week blocks. The first 8 weeks of the block are spent learning material (via lectures, small groups, patient experiences, labs, etc.), the 9th week is test week, and then if the student passes the tests s/he gets the 10th week off. If they do not pass then they retest. Sounds stressful right? It is. Anyways… T’s last day of the first 8 weeks is today! So he gets to study, study, study, and study a little more this weekend. Hopefully he will pass his tests next week; I think he could really use a week off to relax a little. He probably won’t get to relax too much though since we do have 3 kids at home! He has worked so hard and I hope that it all pays off for him. (Say a little prayer!)

The kids. I don’t even know where to start.
J continues to impress us with her reasoning abilities along with her thoughts. Just the other day she told us, “Today is Tuesday, so yesterday was Monday and tomorrow must be Wednesday”. This does not sound too impressing for an adult but for her to have known what day of the week it is and to be able to relate that to past and future is pretty good. Half the time I don’t even know what day it is! T has been making remarks (jokes basically since he knows how I feel about the subject) that the kids should just stay home and not go to school. Since I am a teacher I should just teach them. This is what J thinks now.
T: (came home early from school the other day)
B: Why are you home? Are you sick?
T: No. I was just tired of studying at school so I came home.
J: Well, you can just do home-school from now on.
T & B: (Laughing)
J: Mommy can teach you, she went to school to be a teacher.
T: Yes, yes she did.
I appreciate her thinking that I am super mommy but I highly doubt I can teach him how to be a doctor. She hears one thing, and then days, or even weeks later can apply it to a conversation. You never know when or what is going to come out of that girl’s mouth.

E has been so much better lately! I think he is starting to calm down a little, Thank God. He seems to be a better listener and more willing to cooperate. Not all the time but far more often that he used to. His vocabulary is out of this world, for a 3 year old. He always has something to say and there is never a dull moment between him and J.

N has been showing us her personality a little more everyday. She still loves to accessorize, generally with extra items of clothing, hats, purses, and bracelets (if we let her she would have necklaces but I am too paranoid to let her play with those). She thinks she is so cool and clever when she surprises us with a new word or trick. A few lately include: hot, hop, hot dog, bye (while waving). The last one mentioned was a little delayed but I realized that we never really say or do that. We always leave together and when T leaves he gives each kid a kiss and says “love you, see you when I get home”.

No comments:

Post a Comment