T and I always say that our apartment is set up just perfect for us but then we seem to make a change (or two) and it just gets better! Regardless of whether the change is needed or by choice it always seem to work out. Here are a few changes we have made lately:
Put N's high chair away and got out her booster chair so now she sits with us at the big table. She is so proud! We found an OXO tot training cup that is helping N learn how to drink out of a cup without making a HUGE mess (which I am a huge fan of!). I am not a person who usually promotes products but this cup works great! We moved our coat rack next to the kids' door so J can sit next to Daddy at the table and now N gets to sit beside E. Mommy gets a whole side of the table to herself! (until the little guy comes along anyways)
The kids got a TOY BOX! I cringe a little but am doing alright with letting my Type A personality dwindle a little. We used to have a shelf system with totes that were labeled but we found lately that the kids would just dump them all into a pile and make cakes or pies or something crazy like that. I would spend at least a half an hour everyday sorting and putting the toys back in the 'proper' totes. Now I can just throw everything in the box and they can play with it. Five minutes to clean up sounds far better than thirty, especially with the new baby coming. An added bonus too is that the toy box has a 'seat' on it so the kids can look out the window. The only thing that I don't like about this addition is that the kids keep pinching their fingers in the lid. The first day was much to be desired! They are doing better now though.
T put up the new shelf in our storage room so we have extra room there now too! I left this one in his hands. I did not think it was necessary but who am I to say? The shelf is just over 6' 6" and 20" deep. More space for us to put junk I guess!
Stay tuned for the future additions we will be making at the end of the week:
Bunk beds and a cornice in the living room.
Fun! I'm totally going to have to check out the training cup! I just bought a few more sippies because it seems like that is what we're always needing the dishwasher to hurry up for! : ) I love rearranging and new storage ideas! I'm so Type A, but the toy box sounds marvelous for you guys! Oooooooh, bunk beds! : )
ReplyDelete