Wednesday, September 8, 2010

uneventful life

Life has been quite uneventful lately, which helps me keep some of my sanity. Here are a few things worth mentioning…

• Our car is going to be getting fixed! We will be able to continue using two vehicles. The other insurance company is going to be paying 100% of the repairs (which they should be) and it should be fixed within the next week or so. It has not been too bad. It is a little bit of a pain if I want to go somewhere during the day because T has to take the damaged car or ride his bike.

• N’s vocabulary seems to be improving. She now has about 8-10 words that she attempts to communicate with us. We know what she is trying to say and she uses them in multiple situations so we count them as words. It is so fun watching her grow into a little person and develop her personality. Even her facial expressions leave us laughing at times. She is so expressive!

• E’s potty training continues to be an uphill battle along with his lack of cooperation. He is such a good kid when he wants to be; I think that is what makes it so frustrating. One minute he will be the best listener ever and then the next minute he fights you on every single little thing. At least some consistency would be nice. : /

• J’s clavicle continues to heal even though she occasionally bumps it and has pain. I think she will be tender there for a while and since she is no longer in her sling sometimes she (as well as others) forget that she is still a little fragile.

• T’s Medical classes have been going well. He is ½ done with his first block. Woohoo; only 7 ½ more to go! I think we may have underestimated how much time he needs to study but he has been managing. I think that the last week to ten days before his block examine is going to be ugly. It appears as though he has enough time during the week to get his LOs done and look over his anatomy for labs. Other than that he has to study his lecture materials on Saturdays. I don’t know how much someone can really study. There comes a point when you have to realize that you can’t know everything and you just have to give yourself a break. It will be nice after his first block examine is over, this way he will know more of what to expect in the future.

• As for the baby and me, we are doing well. This little guy moves around quite a bit and seems to enjoy the warmth of my ever growing belly. I feel like I am getting huge but since this is my fourth baby I guess I should be used to it by now. I am truly blessed in that I don’t have pregnancy complications; i.e. high blood pressure, preeclampsia, severe swelling, placenta abruption, or any other of the 100s of things that can go wrong during pregnancy, but I sure don’t enjoy being pregnant. And I most certainly don’t enjoy the idea of thinking about labor and delivery. Ugghh. All I can say is I am glad this is going to be our last baby and I won’t have to do it again. I can’t wait for the pregnancy to be over and maybe try to get back a ‘normal’ body again (if there is such a thing). In the last 5 years [roughly] I have been either pregnant or nursing constantly so I feel like my body has been on loan for a long time.

I guess that about does it for now. Hopefully the kids don’t do anything too entertaining that I get to write another blog about soon. : )

2 comments:

  1. Awwww! Cute blog! JJ is lucky because they have midterms. His first one is tomorrow so he'll already know what to expect. I'm excited to read more about T's med school adventures so I can compare notes! JJ had a practical exam yesterday that went really well -- woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oopsie, he's already had his midterm (I knew that!). Tomorrow is his FINAL. Yipes! : )

    ReplyDelete