We had a busy Tuesday this week! I love having relaxing days but it is nice to have a busy day every now and then. It went a little like this…
Breakfast and Laundry: We started with breakfast in the morning followed by 3 loads of laundry before 10 am. Now I know most people don’t enjoy doing laundry in an apartment facility but I personally love it. In my mind it seems like I save so much time when I can wash and dry 3 loads of laundry in 1 hour and 10 minutes! I think it helps too that the laundry room is essentially right across the hall.
Play Time: We were a few minutes late for our play date at 10ish. We got to go and play with T, L, and H plus I got to visit with A. We all have such a good time when we get together. I am always amazed that all 5 of the ‘big’ kids get along so well.
Lunch Time: We zoomed home for lunch and were off again.
Shopping: The three kids and I went to Old Navy to get some jeans for the big kids. It kind of made me chuckle a little when we went into ON. The big kids were disagreeing on which cart they wanted me to put N in. An associate was walking past and commented that I have my hands full with all three kids (even though they were behaving well considering what they could have been like). I simply said “yes they sure are busy” and then I went over to take E’s hand before he bolted somewhere when I noticed her eyes get huge. I immediately looked around to see if J had done something but she was just standing there. The associate then said, “Oh my goodness you have another one on the way!” as if it were a bad thing. I just smiled and said “yes he should be here in a couple months” then walked away. Some people just leave me speechless sometimes. The kids were so excited to be able to walk around the store next to me (since they are usually in the carts to prevent ‘grabby hands’ when we all go shopping). Overall, they were really good listeners while we were out. = )
Back at home: When we got home from ON T was home from school for the day! YAY! Tuesday was a BIG day for him because he got all his doctor ‘tools’ that he ordered. He was so excited to play doctor with the kids and see how all his gadgets worked. The kids enjoyed the stethoscope, tuning forks, and reflex hammer, just to mention a few. Then it was rest time. Now it was a little after 2 and ALL the kids were exhausted; perfect timing for T since I was on my way out to go see the doctor (solo this time!). {He did luck out. N ended up sleeping till 4:30 and we had to wake the big kids up at 5! So he did not really even have to ‘watch’ the kids.}
Doctor Appointment: Today was a big appointment for the baby and me. It was our 28 week appointment so we had to do the gestational diabetes screening test. Essentially, chug a whole can of orange crush in 5 minutes or less and then have your blood drawn exactly an hour after finishing the soda. Doesn’t seem too tough but the last quarter of the can was difficult to get down this time. Yuck, it was so sweet and nauseating. Of course since I had an afternoon appointment my doctor was behind schedule so my 2:45 appointment turned into a 3:50 appointment. I might have been able to see him around 3:30 but I had to go to the lab to have this test done. Anyways… We are officially in the THIRD TRIMESTER!!! Baby Boy’s heartbeat was at 162 this week, my weight was *up there* (enough said), tummy measured a cm larger than expected but not too surprising or concerning. Overall everything looks great. Let’s just hope that the GD screening test comes back negative so I don’t have to cut sweets out of my diet completely! That could make for a really crabby mommy!
Dinner: Dinner was a little early this evening since we had to do some grocery shopping before bed time. I finished eating dinner then snuck off to fold the neglected laundry from earlier in the day. Put the laundry away and we were off, again!
Grocery Store: T was able to go with to the grocery store this time. It is so much easier when he is able to be the extra set of hands that inevitably is needed. We made it through the grocery store and were just about done in the produce department (last stop). E decided that he needed to go potty. (Not complaining, we are so happy that he is potty trained and done with diapers, but it does complicate things sometimes.) I left T with the girls and two carts in the produce area and we were off. Made in time; no accidents! Finished the last of our shopping and just got out to the van (T generally takes all three kids out and gets them buckled while I check out and then he puts the groceries in the van for us.) when T lets me know that J is crying because she has to go potty, bad. We went back into the grocery store for another potty break. Again not a big deal but it would have been really difficult to take her if T was not there. By the time we came back to the van and got her buckled again T was almost done loading the van so we could head home.
Unloading and Bed: Snack and unloading the van of groceries put us at 8:30 this evening. Now usually the kids are all in bed sleeping by 8:10 so this is a big deal for them! After putting perishables away, brushing teeth, and getting beds ready with lovies/ cuddlies I went to go get waters for the kids. And that is when I saw it, IT! What is IT you may ask? N snuck a dozen eggs out of the shopping bags! Oh don’t be fooled with her age, she is a clever little one. There was a carton of eggs next to the couch, five or six eggs (unbroken THANK GOD!) on the carpet, and one broken egg on the floor! I laugh about it now because it could have been such a big, big mess that I would have been really unhappy about. The one broken egg was on the linoleum floor! Woohoo, my kids made an easy mess to clean up! I think at that point if I would have seen all those eggs on the carpet broken I would have sat down and cried. What a stinky, sticky, dirty mess it could have been! Egg cleaned up, water cups in bed with the kids, lights off, phew! What a day!
Wow, that is quite a day... I don't know why you're surprised with comments from strangers ; ). You ARE busy! I did not have to chug the orange goop and hope I don't have to here either... I guess we'll wait and see. Yay for doctor equipment! JJ and MVJ "play" with his, too : ).
ReplyDeleteSounds like one long but successful day!
ReplyDelete