We love week 10 around here. This is T’s ‘vacation’ from Medical School. As long as T passes his block exams we get to see a whole lot of him during week 10! I do feel a little bad for him though. Since I can (usually) count on him having this time off I try to schedule a large amount of appointments during this week. Which makes our days revolve around schedules instead of being on ‘vacation’. It is so much easier for me to take one or two kids to an appointment than taking four by myself. And it is all about me, right?! Seriously though, I don’t mind taking all the kids if I had to but if I don’t have to than I would rather not.
Here is our week of appointments and activities:
Monday: O doctor in the am. J haircut in the afternoon. Oil change in the evening.
Tuesday: N 2 year pictures in the morning. B haircut in the afternoon.
Wednesday: J 5 year pictures after lunch.
Thursday: Grocery shopping in the morning. O 3 month pictures in the afternoon.
Friday: B and O leave for the weekend after lunch.
*O is a little stinker! He has become a strong thumb-sucker and sucks during the night. Only his left thumb though so he is getting a little flat on the back left side of his head. I met with a PT to see if there were any stretches or anything that could be done now so in a month or two we could possibly avoid a helmet. We are not opposed to a helmet but if we can avoid it that would be great!
*J got a little cut off the ends and a long layer added which makes her curls bounce even more.
*Oil change turned out well except we discovered that the car has a leak by the oil gasket. Doesn’t sound like a big deal but in order to fix it they have to take the gasket out, reseal it, and put it back. Still doesn’t sound too bad but runs around $200!
*N’s 2 year pictures turned out alright. She was not a huge fan of staying in the studio area and wanted to run around. The photographer did not realize that N would get attached to a teddy bear so her pictures are with a random teddy. O well. I was just happy that N was not crying/ screaming and smiled for her picture.
*I got my hair cut, actually trimmed, and enjoyed an hour or so without kiddsies. = ) It is fun to be an adult sometimes.
*J’s 5 year pictures turned out great! I was a little skeptical as to how they would turn out. She is at that awkward stage that for some reason she does not know how to smile. When you tell her to smile she makes a big smile, does not show her teeth, and closes her eyes. Not what I was looking for to remember her at 5. But she did wonderful and smiled beautifully. She had a good time being the center of attention for an hour or so. = )
No comments:
Post a Comment