Friday, March 25, 2011

Mommy’s Weekend Away!

Many of you may know that I am addicted to my kids! I just LOVE them. It is not very often that I get a break from my kids, especially since I am a stay at home mommy. And to be quite honest when I don’t have my kids around I really don’t know what to do with myself. I am so used to doing 101 things at a time that I am almost lost when my hands are empty. Anyways. One of my friends got married so I toyed with the idea of going to the wedding with just little O (I can’t get rid of him yet since I am breast-feeding). T was not opposed to the idea of having the three big kids alone for the weekend and it worked out great with his school schedule since he was still technically on his ‘week 10 break’. So I left Friday (18th) around noonish and set out for the 5 hour drive. Little O was ready to go with a full tummy and a much needed nap. We made it to the cities for the weekend and I was able to see my entire immediate family and some of my extended family. I got to spend most of the day on Saturday with friends that I had not seen in years. It was GREAT! Then we had a nice brunch on Sunday and I was on my way home.

T’s weekend however was a little different than what he is used to. He was an amazing SUPER daddy. I had no doubt in my mind that he could handle everything and do wonderfully. However, I do think he was happy to see us Sunday night and he has a better understanding of how busy staying at home really is. Many people think that stay at home moms sit around all day and play. THAT IS NOT TRUE! Being a mommy (full-time) is honestly one of the hardest jobs, but it is by far the most rewarding too!

So all in all, it was fun to get away but it was great to come home and have my kiddsies give me oodles of loves!

I am not 100% sure but I think the big kids missed little O! = )

Monday Morning:


No comments:

Post a Comment