We are an atypical couple in our 30s; Medical Doctor just starting residency, Stay at Home Mommy, and 6 kids! We never know what is coming next but we live life to the fullest and enjoy each passing moment.
Friday, March 25, 2011
P90X!
Time for the Xtreme! In the past I have generally lost my baby weight but this time I am getting a little restless. I am not large by any means but I am not the way I would like to be either. I think deep down inside every female has some sort of insecurity of how they look physically, regardless of whether they express it or not. SO… with that said, I am ready to say good-bye to my love handles! T and I decided to try P90X! It was hard for us to justify a gym membership anywhere since time is such a struggle for us. We decided that if we got P90X then we could do it TOGETHER after the kids go to bed. We started on Wednesday of this week and it seems to be going well. We are enjoying it so far. Many people spoke of how terribly hard it was and that it just destroys your body. I have been taking it in strides. I am pushing myself to the point that I can feel the ‘burn’ and working my body but not so hard that I feel like I am going to die. If I do that I know that I will not stick with the program and it would just be a waste of time and money. I really want this to be a positive experience for me. I honestly don’t care if I lose weight; I would just like to tone and strengthen. My poundage number is not important to me. I really enjoy the workouts too because the trainer (Tony I think his name is) does a great job of encouraging you while you are moving. He emphasizes that it does not matter if you finish the reps or how high you can get your legs up or whatever; what matters is that you are doing it! He also points out (in my words) during each video that ‘the people we are watching on tv are used to these routines’. It helps me remember that my form is not going to be perfect all the time and not every exercise or position is going to look great; but if I am trying that is all that matters. I will keep posting our progress and if we like or dislike anything, whether you want me to or not. = )
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment