When we got to the school we had to wait in line to get the packets of information and the woman asked her if she could write her name on the name tag. J did not answer her too loudly but just picked up the marker and began to write. She is not perfect yet so I was expecting a minor melt down (as mentioned prior she tends to get upset when things are not perfect!) but she did just fine. Once we found a spot to sit she wanted to get up and go play with the other kids. So off she went! She did not even look back!!! Then it was time for the kids to go with the teachers while the parents stayed in the gymnasium. I thought she would be alright but then she seemed a little timid when I told her to go follow the teacher with the black shirt on. She looked back a couple times but ended up going along pretty quietly. After 45 minutes of adult information we were lead to the Kindergarten classrooms and she was having so much fun. They got to make an art project, have snack, listen to a story, and sing/learn a new song! All in 45 minutes!!! When we got home she was all excited to tell Daddy and E about her day (hour) at school. I think she is going to have so much fun.
Here is her 'masterpiece':
No comments:
Post a Comment