The kids have really been enjoying reading their children’s Bible lately! Last week they were reading the Bible in E’s bed and J was telling the story of Adam and Eve. “And Eve told Adam ‘that sneaky snake gave me a poison apple’.” I thought that was cute and clever on J’s part. And then last night the kids were playing Bible again. The first Bible game of the evening was J putting her baby in a play mixing bowl, covering it up with a blankie, then putting it on the coffee table. This was her version of putting baby Moses in the river in a covered basket. Once again I thought this was clever. Then E was throwing all the baby dolls they had out of their room yelling, “I am killing all the boy babies!” J was really quick to tell him that she put deer blood on her door so he could not come and take her baby and kill it. Plus she mentioned that she was making good choices and following God’s rules. T and I are beginning to wonder if maybe they are a little too young for the Old Testament?!? We have finished the Old Testament now and are starting the New Testament tonight. I wonder what type of games will be next.
No comments:
Post a Comment