We are an atypical couple in our 30s; Medical Doctor just starting residency, Stay at Home Mommy, and 6 kids! We never know what is coming next but we live life to the fullest and enjoy each passing moment.
Friday, November 19, 2010
Momma Bear, Grrr!
So following our package mix up on Wednesday morning, I made a phone call to the delivery company. It turns out that our packages originally came from NC via a particular shipper (unnamed) and switched carriers in the Twin Cities to another carrier (also to remain nameless) which made the mistake. So I was able to get in contact with the nameless carrier in the Twin Cities and spoke to someone. When I was informed that the soonest they could get us the proper packages would be next week Friday or Saturday (as in November 26th or 27th) I simply told them that was unacceptable and they needed to figure something else out. Then the woman came back on the line said they could reroute a truck and get the packages here by Tuesday morning at the absolute earliest. Still in my mind this was unacceptable; we have already been waiting for these beds for over a month! I *kindly* explained to her that we needed these packages by the 19th (especially since we have a guaranteed delivery by this date and the mistake was not our fault). Followed by letting her know that I was 9 1/2 months (so I fibbed a little by adding a week!) pregnant and my kids need their beds. Then I had an epiphany! If they can't get them to us by the 19th then they need to send them via a carrier that can. I know without a doubt that two different carriers make trips from the Twin Cities up here overnight. After being told that was not an option I was put on hold. All of the sudden (like MAGIC) a supervisor was on the line and he said he would be shipping our packages over night via UPS. Two morals to this drawn out story: persistence pays off and don't mess with a pregnant lady (YOU WILL NOT WIN!). After telling T my story over lunch on Thursday he chuckled a little then told the kids, "You don't mess with the momma bear, especially when it involves her babies". Now by all means I am not going to hold my breath waiting for these packages to come today but I am hoping that this man will follow through on his word and that everything will work out the way it is supposed to. Time will tell...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You go girl! Are the big kids still bunking with N? Hoping all goes smoothly from here on out with the beds!
ReplyDelete