T is wrapping up week 3, only 49 more to go. (I will write a separate blog about that though.) So while T has been off working 16+ hr days including weekends, what have the kids and I been up to?
We have been attempting to finish things around the house. Moving in takes far more time than one can imagine especially when you have kids. We finally got all the boxes unpacked and now we are working on the final details of organization around here.
I went on my first venture up to A (about 80 miles one way) for J's Ped Rhum appt by myself. It was a success if I do say so myself. I was there on time and everyone behaved themselves, for the most part. J is doing awesome btw.
I tried to go the art museum with the kids but that did not turn out as successful. I thought it was an event catered to kids but turns out I was wrong and we ended up leaving. It could have been better but could have been a whole lot worse too. I do think a lesson was learned by all which is an important thing too. The whole way home (20+ mins) the kids didn't say ONE word. When we came in our development I drove right by our house. The kids then asked where we were going. I told them I would take them to the park because that fits our family better, then we discussed the appropriate behavior that is expected of them. Life goes on, live and learn.
Since the art museum didn't quite pan out we set up a park play time with some other military families that the moms are home with the kids while the dads are off being doctors. It was nice to meet and visit with some new women that are in my similar position and the kids got to play with some other kids on a new fun playground. E was super excited because he did the monkey bars all by himself for the first time and N was tickled pink since she mastered the fire pole on her own! Win, win, win.
Other than that we have been staying busy with our day to day routines; nothing too eventful.
No comments:
Post a Comment