Sunday, February 13, 2011

Potty Time!

Now I am a complete fan of not having to change diapers but not such a huge fan of potty training. When J was potty trained it was never ending. I honestly think we tried to push the issue and put more work on ourselves than was necessary. We tried for at least 6 months to get her potty trained. Then it was like magic overnight; she just decided she did not want to wear diapers anymore. E was a little the same way. We tried but then gave up after 3-4 weeks and just waited for him to be ready. Then one day he woke up and was potty trained. Now it is N’s turn. I have been avoiding this not only because I am not really feeling ready yet but because she is not even 2. However E decided tonight that N did not need a diaper anymore and told her to take it off. Since she is such a good listener she did just that. Next thing I know T tells N that if she doesn’t want to wear a diaper than she has to sit on the potty chair; which she was SUPER excited to do. After sitting for a few minutes, she stood up and said, “Done”. T looked in the potty chair and SHE WENT POTTY! Big deal in our home! J is so super-duper excited that now SHE gets to potty train N. She is all about it and has been begging us to let her potty train N for the last month or so. I guess whether I want to or not we are going to start potty training N! I sure hope she is a fast learner. = )

1 comment:

  1. That is way too cute! What a BIG girl!! Well, two big girls -- a big teacher and a big listener! Go N, go! She has lots of helpers so I bet it'll go smoothly! Right? : )

    ReplyDelete